This course is designed to give attendees updated knowledge
and conceptual understanding of facts related to contracts, forms, and related
laws. This course will test their mastery of these facts including general
contract law definitions and concepts, a refresher on listing agreements and
related documents, concepts surrounding buyer agreements, and purchase
agreements and related forms. Also included are reminders of required forms as
well as local and federal laws and rules related to the proper use of contracts
This course carries 2 hours of continuing education credit in MS.
This course covers real estate issues that are important in the new licensees’ first years of practice and is designed to provide the student with an in-depth knowledge of real estate concepts such as agency, listing, contracts, real estate law, financing, broker and sales agent relationships, anti-trust issues, technology, and appraisal. The course is designed to emphasize the areas of professional practice that will be critical to the success of a new licensee. This course is approved by the Mississippi Real Estate Commission and meets the State of Mississippi salesperson and broker requirements for post-license education. This course also carries the required ARELLO seal of approval and carries a current ARELLO certification as required by MREC rule.
This course is designed to prepare the student with a good comprehensive understanding of the knowledge, tools, and skills necessary to serve the public and correctly follow the law that pertains to agency relationships in real estate transactions.
These curricular objectives include giving the student a strong knowledge and understanding of -steps to comply with agency law, -rules common to all agency relationships,- agency brochure requirements,-designated agency distinctions,- Dual Agency requirements,-obligations to customers,-and disadvantages of subagency and vicarious liability.
This is a 4-hour continuing education course for real estate licensees. Currently approved in LA and MS.
This is a four-hour continuing education course covering the National Association of Realtors® Code of Ethics. This course will meet the Biennial Ethics training requirement for Realtor members in Cycle VI which concludes December 31, 2020.
Upon completion of “The Code of Ethics: Our Promise of Professionalism” course, participants will be able to:
- identify key aspirational concepts found in the Preamble to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Code of Ethics
- describe “general business” ethics, and compare and contrast the REALTORS®’ Code of Ethics with business ethics, generally
- describe the concepts established in Articles 1, 2, 12, and 17 of the Code of Ethics
- identify possible violations of the Code of Ethics specifically related to the Articles cited above, after participating in interactive learning methods (case studies, quizzes, role plays, demonstrations, and group discussions about fact scenarios)
- describe the professional standards process for enforcing the Code of Ethics, including the duty to arbitrate
- identify critical elements of due process as they relate to Code enforcement
- identify factors considered by hearing panels in procuring cause disputes
This course focuses on the Mississippi License Law and related Rules and Regulations which are relevant to licensees. Included in this course are refreshers and updates to key sections of Mississippi License Law such as property and agency disclosure, advertising rules, duties of licensees conducting business as well as other Laws and Rules licensees need to know. This course intends to meet the required minimum Mississippi Law continuing education requirement for all licensees as a part of the total continuing education requirement.