This is a four-hour continuing education course covering the National Association of Realtors® Code of Ethics. This course will meet the Biennial Ethics training requirement for Realtor members in Cycle VI which concludes December 31, 2020.
Upon completion of “The Code of Ethics: Our Promise of Professionalism” course, participants will be able to:
- identify key aspirational concepts found in the Preamble to the NATIONAL ASSOCIATION OF REALTORS® Code of Ethics
- describe “general business” ethics, and compare and contrast the REALTORS®’ Code of Ethics with business ethics, generally
- describe the concepts established in Articles 1, 2, 12, and 17 of the Code of Ethics
- identify possible violations of the Code of Ethics specifically related to the Articles cited above, after participating in interactive learning methods (case studies, quizzes, role plays, demonstrations, and group discussions about fact scenarios)
- describe the professional standards process for enforcing the Code of Ethics, including the duty to arbitrate
- identify critical elements of due process as they relate to Code enforcement
- identify factors considered by hearing panels in procuring cause disputes
This course focuses on the Mississippi License Law and related Rules and Regulations which are relevant to licensees. Included in this course are refreshers and updates to key sections of Mississippi License Law such as property and agency disclosure, advertising rules, duties of licensees conducting business as well as other Laws and Rules licensees need to know. This course intends to meet the required minimum Mississippi Law continuing education requirement for all licensees as a part of the total continuing education requirement.